Rules and Obligations – The VinylPlus Product Label
- The fundamentals
The VinylPlus product label may only be used by organisations holding a valid certificate of approval issued by VinylPlus and for the product / product family that the product label is granted for.
The use of the product label relates only to the certification scheme operated by VinylPlus. The product label is the property of VinylPlus, and its use is subject to the conditions set out below.
The VinylPlus branding and logo rules have to be strictly respected. The replication or reproduction of the label can only be made with the authorisation of VinylPlus
The product label can be used on product specifications, product sales literature, product brochures, on the product itself and any publicity material that is directly related to the relevant product.
The company holding the product label rests solely responsible for the correct product label use by its design and marketing service partners.
The VinylPlus label must not be used to imply approval of products or services not approved or covered in the criteria scheme by VinylPlus.
Electronic versions of the VinylPlus label shall only be obtained from VinylPlus.
- Standard Amendment or Withdrawal
The product label is valid from the date of the VinylPlus certification for 2 years. If the product label standard or scheme document is amended, a verification audit against the amended certification standard or scheme document is required within 2 years.
If the VinylPlus product label is withdrawn or becomes obsolete, the use of the label shall cease within twelve months of the date of withdrawal or obsolescence.
- Intellectual Property Rights
This document does not confer any right, title or interest in the VinylPlus product label, which shall remain the property of VinylPlus. VinylPlus reserves all licensing and enforcement rights, and may update this rules and guidance document from time to time.
Unauthorised use and/or misuse of the VinylPlus product label is not permitted, especially not for other products in the company’s product range that have not received the label certificate. VinylPlus will take action against any unauthorised use and/or misuse, whether through negligence or fraud.
If proven, such unauthorised use and/or misuse may lead to suspension and withdrawal of the label certification, publication of the transgression, legal action, or a fine.
- Your responsibility
It is the responsibility of the label owner to:
(i) Ensure that the product supplied under a valid current VinylPlus product label certificate and using the appropriate label logo, conforms at all times with the requirements of the label criteria scheme and with all other terms and conditions of the label.
(ii) In the event of termination immediately cease using, remove or obliterate the label.
(iii) Indicate to VinylPlus any fraud or misuse that comes to your notice including the relevant information for VinylPlus needed to take action.
- Some Do’s and Don’ts
- Include the product label in your marketing and promotional
literature (strictly) for the product.
- Please contact VinylPlus if you wish to include the logo in any press release or press orientated material. Permission to use the logo in this way will not be unreasonably withheld.
- Ensure that the rules contained in this guidance is adhered to.
- Ensure that the entire product label logo is clearly visible against the background on which it is being reproduced, use the black and white version if helpful.
- Contact VinylPlus if you are unsure of any aspect of using the label imagery.
- Make the logo too small to see it, should be legible to the naked eye.
- Partially cover the image with other brands or copy.
- Overprint the image with text.
- Stretch or squash the marks to fit a given size.
- Use the marks in circumstances that would bring the VinylPlus product label certification into disrepute.
- Use the marks in connection with products or services that are not
associated with the VinylPlus product label certification.
- Attempt in any way to re-draw or re-create the artwork for the marks.
- Pass on copies of the artwork of the logo to any other parties other than your own design companies.